You can now list an offer in a different category than the one assigned to the item in the Catalog if it is in a similar category group.
This way you will be able to:
- meet the requirement of % of offers linked to a product easier
- edit an active offer with a product which is listed in a different category that the one in the Catalog.
How it works
We have grouped similar categories into sets. You can list offers linked to the same product in categories within a set.
EAN code is a common parameter to all the categories within a set. If EAN is the same in offers from different categories, we will link them to the same product.
What categories are in a set
Currently, nearly 3,000 categories are grouped in sets. It makes up approximately 55% of all categories! You can download a detailed list of categories here.
How to list an offer in a category from a set
- When listing or editing an offer you select a product from the Catalog, you will see a category assigned to this product in the Catalog.
In order to change a category, click Change and select one of the categories in the set.
If you do it:
- we will not remove the pre-existing link to a product
- we will complete EAN basing on the product details in the Catalog
- you can complete the remaining parameters yourself.