As announced, from now on, providing selected parameters is obligatory in some subcategories in the Automotive category.
Check if you have completed all the required parameters in the Add Parameters tab. If not, you can complete them easily right there.
In what categories the parameters are obligatory
Click here and download a detailed list of subcategories for which we have introduced obligatory parameters.
Providing the Catalog number for part parameter is required only for new items, except for selected Car parts and Motorcycle parts subcategories. You can find them also on this list.
What happens if you do not provide obligatory parameters
From now on, you will not be able to list, relist, or edit the offers in the categories where providing obligatory parameters is required.
Catalog number for parts – how it will work
- If you specify the State parameter as new – the catalog number field will be obligatory. Complete it to list, relist, or edit an offer.
- If you specify the State parameter as used, remanufactured or damaged – the catalog number field will be optional. You will not need to complete it to list, relist, or edit an offer, but it is worth doing so. Find out why below.
Why you should consider providing the part catalog number
If you provide this parameter:
- the buyers can find relevant offers easier because they often search for spare parts by their catalog number
- the catalog number is visible in the offer list, which makes choosing your offer easier for the buyers
- you make sure that the part is compatible with the buyer’s vehicle, decreasing the risk of returns
- you build your reputation as a reliable trade expert who knows all the features of the items you sell.