The listing template, just like the “About me” page, is a showcase of your store on Allegro. It makes it possible to stand out from the crowd, which is reflected in sales performance. Below are some tips on how to improve sales.
You can post an offer with one sentence and a photo of the product. However, these offers often go unnoticed by potential buyers. It takes just a few simple steps to make it look more attractive.
1. Adapting the offer to the industry and products
The appearance of the item page is to prompt the buyer to learn more about your offer and help them remember your store on Allegro. Try making the template match the product(s) you offer. Do not use bright colors. Also, do not add too many images or sophisticated fonts with bright text, as this may distract the buyer’s attention and draw it away from the item description.
2. The listed item should be in the spotlight
Remember that a potential customer clicks your offer because they are interested in a specific product or service. Therefore, the item should always attract attention and be presented properly. Two elements must be clearly visible: the full name of your product and its price.
The item description should contain information important for the buyer and all technical data. The entire text should be written in Polish without grammar or spelling mistakes. Focus on providing detailed product specifications with exact size and weight. Include the materials it is made from. For furniture, e.g. upholstered furniture, indicate the type and weave of the fabric. If your product is made of leather or eco-leather, indicate its type. Highlight important specifications, such as dirt and stain resistance or maintenance guide. For cabinet-like furniture, indicate the type of material, e.g. wood (type), furniture board (whether it is resistant to scratches, water or other substances). Also, describe the colors (e.g. beech, walnut, oak, white), texture and/or finish.
You should also specify the size in the description, e.g. after opening the door of a piece of furniture or folding it out, so that the buyer knows how much space it will occupy. Do not worry if your description contains too much information. Buyers tend to appreciate offers with detailed specifications.
3. Additional information
Not only should a good template describe your item in detail and prompt customers to buy it, it must also contain the following important information:
- company details and location;
- available contact methods, e.g. e-mail, phone, instant messenger (e.g. WhatsApp) or Skype;
- opening hours (e.g. the hours during which customers can call you or come to collect their purchases in person note: include the timezone);
- bank account number;
- shipping methods and costs (tip: buyers are more likely to make purchases when the seller offers free shipping);
- how the shipped item is protected during transport;
- additional services, such as carrying item(s) up to the customer's apartment/office (in the case of large-sized items, this is an important addition for the buyer);
- optional item assembly services, the cost and how to request such a service;
- order completion time (the shorter the order completion time the better — this is often an important issue for the buyer);
- proof of purchase that can be issued (a receipt or an invoice upon the buyer’s request);
- the possibility of returning an item purchased using the “Buy Now” option and the returns process;
- rules and methods of lodging complaints;
- other information, e.g. about the warranty, free shipping or gifts added to larger purchases.
When designing a listing template, remember that on Allegro you must not use store names directly or provide website addresses.
Through hard work and smart thinking, you can create an effective template that will stand out from the crowd and attract more customers.