Debug, secure, and back up your data for optimum server performance with MariaDB
About This Book
- Monitor database activity and the major operating system parameters to improve performance
- Tweak the behaviour of a large number of servers to achieve the desired level of stability and reliability
- Solve the typical problems related to running a server, such as slow queries, long locks, and so on
- A practical guide to implementing MariaDB to administrate servers and improve their performance
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for intermediate users who want to learn how to administrate a MariaDB server or a set of servers. It is aimed at MariaDB users, and hence working knowledge of MariaDB is a prerequisite.
What You Will Learn
- Identify inefficient queries using logs and log analysis tools
- Design your indexes and optimize your queries to produce efficient query plans
- Tune MariaDB and InnoDB configuration to achieve a stabilized degree of performance and reliability
- Create and manage users, roles, and permissions
- Perform regular backups and restore data
- Share your data through several partitions, disks, or servers using techniques such as replication to make operations faster
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot a replication environment as well as a database cluster
MariaDB is a community-driven fork of MySQL, and is a relational DBMS that can be used to build reliable, high-performance database servers. MariaDB combines MySQL characteristics such as replication, backup and disaster recovery, transactions and locks, and also includes important improvements to the performance, stability, security, and monitoring capabilities.
Mastering MariaDBstarts with an overview of the basic features and mechanisms, which includes diagnosing and solving real-life problems such as data corruption, poorly performing queries, and deadlocks. You will learn how to improve the performance of a server by identifying slow queries, and how to choose and set up a proper backup plan and recover data when disasters occur. You will learn how to share your data through several servers using replication. By the end of this book, you will be able to configure MariaDB servers, diagnose as well as troubleshoot common transactional problems, and execute database maintenance.
384 strony, 19 x 2.2 x 23.5 cm